Tuesday, September 12, 2006

47

Many of you know that I turned 47 last week. It was uneventful in every way. I think 47 is a level spot on the side of the hill. It's really yet to be seen which side of the hill I'm on. I think we never know till our time is done... but I figure I gotta be closing in on half way. It seems odd that I would be rethinking my life and work at this age.

On that day they call my "birthday" I was attending a writers conference. It was a huge amount of information in a short period of time. I made a commitment to my family this past January 1st that I was going to use this year to make a decision about my life and work. This is what I've decided.

I am hoping that I will be able to use the balance of my life in the work of writing and speaking as a way of life and ministry. As most of you know, I have been writing since 1989, but have never tried to publish anything. I hope to change that this year. Since starting I've written 3 books, hundreds of devotionals, a few articles, one book for teens and a childrens book.

So at 47 it comes down to this... I have a lot still to learn and to say. If the Lord grants it, I would like to serve him in this way. For now, I hope you'll still stop by and join me here each week. Perhaps there will be something useful. Remember me in your prayers.

47... but leaning on 46.

mt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday :)
i think you would be an amazing writer, you should definitley keep your readers updated if you decide to publish anything :) i love you michael,
-erica